Privacy and Security
Who are we ?
Our address for all correspondence is:
Happy Home Rentals Ltd, Red Lion Farm, Slindon, ST21 6LX
Registration Number 250 7445 15
Information and how we process it?
This page has been created to provide you with information about how we use the personal data and information provided by you to Happy Home Rentals when you receive a visit by one of our representatives, use of the Happy Home Rentals website or any other communication made between us relating to use of this data. If we change our policy at any time we will update the details on this page. The last change to this policy was on the 25th May 2018.
The information we collect when you make a rental application or place an order with us includes: name, address, telephone numbers, email, date of birth, NI. No, ID, tenancy details, personal reference details, employment details, income and expenditure details (supported by bank statements) and your payment details. We also complete a credit check through a second party such as Experian and store this for our reference.
When using our web site, we may collect the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you viewed, IP addresses and cookies. We only ever collate, hold, use or share your information for genuine business requirements, when you approved Happy Home Rentals to do so, or when we’re required legally. Below is a list of reasons why we use your personal details:
1) If you apply on our website, call or email us with a rental enquiry
2) To complete a rental / purchase transaction that you have placed with our representative or on our web site and to ensure its delivered to you
3) To maintain any accounts that you hold with us
4) If you have rented or purchased from us previously we may then contact you via email or telephone with information about our business, promotional offers, product and services that we believe you will be interested in
5) Advertising and promoting of our products and services both on the Happy Home Rentals website and elsewhere on the internet
6) Advertising and promoting our products and services to you by means of post and email
7) To contact you regarding your satisfaction of our products and services
8) To train our employees to ensure you get the best service
9) When you give us feedback or provide a review on our website
10) If you enter a competition of ours
11) When you communicate with us through a social media platform
12) For fraud / crime prevention purposes
The basis on which we use your data
We collect your personal data in order to fully process your rental, purchase or carry out a service, with your agreement to which you agreed either via our representative or on line. We will from time to time send you emails and postal communications, these will only be of what we consider to be of legitimate interest to you. You have the flexibility to sign in or out of these communications at any time.
Please note, we will never send you unsolicited ‘Junk’ email or share your personal information with anyone else that might.
Keeping your data secure
We keep your data secure and it is extremely important to us, all written documentation is held securely on our cloud-based sales system for the statuary 6 years and after this time are destroyed. We do not keep your data for any longer than is necessary.
The services listed below will track and report website traffic information. Happy Home Rentals use the collated data for the purpose of analysing customer trends, statistics and conversions.
Contact Form/Live Chat
Contact information is collected via our website to allow us to service your questions and requests.
Cookies are used for Google and Facebook retargeting.
Our newsletter and marketing e-mails are sent using Mail Chimp.
Who do we/might share your information with
The following are companies who we may from time to time share some of your personal data with
- Suppliers of goods e.g. J Lewis, Currys
- Delivery companies required to delivery your items
- Our recurring payments provider Paymentsense
- Debt collecting agencies
- Experian or other credit reference companies
- UK courts if you stop paying your rental
Please see their individual privacy policies for more detail.
Further information and your rights
Changes to this policy can be made at any time, the most recent date this policy has been modified is listed at the bottom of this page.
Date Last updated 25th May 2018.